Friday, August 17, 2007

emLog Namibia #13 Visual Proof - 07.11.07

Here are some photos of Namibia. Here's the thing, I could say the pictures are from "Namibia", but they can very well just be from southern Utah.

The first is me attempting to be a photographer. Chad was our resident photographer in Namibia. We were in Namibia and I saw this giraffe way out there and birds happened to fly by at the exact time I snapped the photo.

The next is me in the Katatura informal settlement. I had the camcorder viewfinder flipped around so they could see themselves. Susan and Lynn are in the background too.

Dune 7 or the sand dune that sits tall at 1,256ft, proved to be a tall sand dune err, tallest sand dune. This is us climbing up it. It can be like a where's Waldo deal... where's Emily?

Last one is me quading in the Namib. That day was one of the best days in my life. It was a good day! For being a desert, it cools down pretty quickly, especially being on a quad.

As for me right now, the jet lag I think has gone away. Life is good. Terhi the Finn and I have been talking about working on our senior projects together. It's a done deal, we are so going to work on a project together! We are wanting to do something where she comes to the U.S. and I could go to Finland. As Mike told me, "the sky is the limit". I believe that to be true.

These coming semesters I will still be working with the archive. We are set up to do video conferencing and will continue to work together in the next coming months.

I know these emails are relatively short (some of them), but if anyone has any questions about anything, I can try and answer them as best I can to my knowledge. I sort of gave a brief overview of more of the Emily-meets-Africa aspect, but the culture and the people are just amazing. That right there is my best description of Namibia-- amazing!

Enjoy the photos.

Em

No comments: